Level placement by instructors required
Full Season = $560 | 8 total payments = $70/monthly
- 55-minute boys ballet class, once per week
- 70-minute Co-Ed Tech or 55-minute Open Tech* class, once per week
- 55-minute Partnering Foundations class, once per week
*Oaks are leveled with Bluebonnets, Lilacs, or Irises for Co-Ed classes. Open Tech classes are available to those leveled with Irises and up, and are non-recital ballet technique classes.
Optional Classes: Add $15/monthly each class
- 40-minute Contemporary/Character I class, once per week
- 55-minute Co-Ed Tech class, second per week
No Charge: Partnering Rotation
- By invitation, Oaks taking a co-ed technique class with Irises may be asked to stay for the 40-minute portion following, in order to participate in a partnering class. Readiness is as the discretion of the instructor.
Tuition is posted monthly (September - April).
- TUE | 4:30p
- Choose one of these technique classes (total of two per week required):
- Co-Ed Ballet Technique -- choose day/time based on co-ed level placement given
- TUES or FRI | 6:30-7:25 -- Open Technique - available if leveled with Irises or higher
- And Movement Foundations or Partnering Foundations*
- TUES | 5:30-6:25 -- Movement Foundations*
- FRI | 5:30-6:25p -- Movement Foundations
*If the new 5th studio space is available, the boys will have a separate Partnering Foundations class on Tuesdays. For now, enroll in Movement Foundations on this day if interested in that class.
- Additional Co-Ed Technique class
- TUES 7:00-7:40 or WED 4:30-5:10 -- Contemporary/Character I
Prior Doxa experience is required. Level recommendations are made by Doxa Instructors after a student has trained for a minimum of one year at Doxa in the Nurture Path. Only dancers who have been placed in this level are able to enroll. Dancers in this level have passed the Saplings Evaluation and have received Recommendation for Oaks by a Doxa Instructor.
Dancers who have been recommended for or have previously enrolled in a Cultivate Path level may choose to enroll in an age-defined Nurture Path level instead. This option may be appealing if their goals regarding dance are purely recreational, if they have a scheduling conflict with another extracurricular activity, or some other reason.
Dancers must maintain their placement in Cultivate Path classes from year to year, and level changes are at the discretion of Doxa Instructors and capacity in each level. To re-enter the Cultivate Path after opting for Nurture Path classes instead, a dancer/parent should submit by email a desire to be reconsidered for Cultivate Path placement.
Sometimes boys groups are combined.
Shirt: For boys' classes, wear a solid-colored fitted athletic t-shirt or tank in white or black. For co-ed classes, wear a solid-colored fitted t-shirt or tank in white or black or the level color.
Shoes: Black or flesh canvas ballet flats for classes. Black shoes are needed for recital. Sometimes, other colors are necessary for performances based on character/roles.
Pants: Sweatpants, joggers, or activewear pants that are at least knee-length. Pants should not be too long and get under a dancer's heels. Athletic shorts are acceptable with compression shorts underneath. Tights are acceptable with cotton or other shorts worn over.
See dress code for more information on this policy and to view all levels.
In the spring semester, dancers will learn one recital dance during their weekly class to perform in a recital in April. Boys taking both all-boys classes and co-ed classes will learn one dance with each class and may have their dances fall in separate recitals. One Saturday dress rehearsal (usually 1-2 weeks before recitals, depending on how Easter falls) is the only commitment outside of consistent class attendance that is required for the recital.
Recital costume fees are now factored into tuition rates. There will be no additional costume fee in the 2023-24 Season.