GIVING GLORY TO GOD THROUGH DANCE
DOXA - A BALLET MINISTRY IN AMARILLO, TEXAS
The ballet world has been known to push dancers toward an unattainable level of perfection with their bodies and performances.
But we believe that each dancer was created by God, for the glory of God.
And for us, that changes everything.
THE DOXA DIFFERENCE
Doxa is a Greek word that means “the glory to God.” Our mission is to equip dancers to use their God-given talents to worship God and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so that His name will be glorified.
In our classes and performances, in the way we treat and speak to our dancers, we want to make sure each one knows:
You are fully loved by God exactly the way you are.
- God made you, intentionally and wonderfully, for His glory.
- Jesus Christ, his Son, died in your place as a payment for your sin, to give you eternal life. This is the free and gracious gift of God, offered to all, earned by none.
- If you follow Christ, your identity is found in Him alone. It is not defined by the world around you.
We want you to strive for excellence. Not perfection.
- God alone is perfect, and chasing perfection can become a self-glorifying or self-deprecating pursuit.
- Instead, strive for excellence because God is worthy of your best offering of praise.
- Striving for excellence simply means you try to improve. To become better than you were yesterday.
You can share Christ through your dancing.
- Dance is a beautiful and powerful way to communicate.
- Mastering correct ballet technique can help your dancing be more clear and have more impact.
- God gave you many gifts, talents, and abilities. The greatest joy comes from using those gifts to glorify Him.
Sign up for a class, or see the dancers in action at our next performance.