Doxa Kerusso is a training program for current Doxa dancers in our top levels (Violets, Orchids, and Cedars) who are interested in furthering technique and expanding repertoire in an intensive class and rehearsal format.
Kerusso means “to be a herald” and proclaim openly. The primary purpose of this program is to enhance the ability of Doxa dancers to share the gospel of Jesus Christ through dance.
KERUSSO TRAINING PROGRAM
For missions-minded ballet dancers
- Bible Study
- Ballet Technique
- Pointe or Men's Classes
- Missions & Touring Preparation
- Classical Choreography
- Contemporary Choreography
- Dance Education - History, Vocabulary, Nutrition
1-day per week option:
- Saturdays only, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Jan. 18, 25; Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Mar.7, 21, 28
2-day per week option:
- Wednesdays & Saturdays, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Above dates + Jan. 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26; Mar. 4, 11, 25
*some performances and travel fall outside of this schedule; spring break dates may be added if performance opportunities arise; schedule is subject to change per session
Students audition for and are accepted on a one-session basis. Students may participate in one or more sessions in a calendar year.
- Session 1: Spring (January through March)
- Session 2: Summer Intensive Format
- Session 3: Fall (September through December)
HOLIDAYS & BREAKS
- Each session may have designated no-class holidays which are factored into the tuition calculation
- Some holidays may be performance opportunities, such as Spring Break, Easter, or around Christmas
ELIGIBILITY & PROCESS
- Current Doxa dancers placed in Violets, Orchids, or Cedars levels, or separately by invitation
- Participate in the in-person Audition Process or seek permission for video application
- Receive Acceptance Email
- If accepted, submit Commitment Agreement and Commitment Fee by date stated on acceptance letter (generally 1-2 weeks after received)
- Audition Fee: $5
- Commitment Fee: $50
- Spring 2020 Session Tuition: $200/1-day option; $300/2-day option
Tuition is set each session dependent on dates & number of known performing opportunities.
Additional tuition or fundraising may be required to support travel.