Level placement by instructors required
Required: Full Season = $440 | 8 total payments = $55/monthly
- 55-minute Ballet Technique classes, twice per week
Tuition is posted monthly (September - April).
- MON + WED | 3:15p
- MON + WED | 4:30p
- TUE + THU | 4:30p
- TUE + FRI | 6:30p
Dancers in this level enroll in and attend both of the paired class times per week.
Bluebonnets are required to take two classes per week. Classes are grouped in set pairs, such as Monday and Wednesday at the same time.
If needed, families can choose a Daisies level class time as their second class per week. Daisies and Bluebonnets are taught a similar curriculum, with the distinction being that all Bluebonnets students are enrolled in two classes per week, which is not a requirement in the Daisies level. Dancers taking classes in two different levels need to follow the dress code for each class.
Prior Doxa experience is required. Level recommendations are made by Doxa Instructors after a student has trained for a minimum of one year at Doxa in the Nurture Path. Only dancers who have been placed in this level are able to enroll.
Typically, current Buttercups who have turned 7 will need to enroll in Daisies for one year before they will be considered for Bluebonnets. If they are interested in two days per week, they can take two Daisies classes instead of just the required one per week.
Dancers who have been recommended for a Cultivate Path level may choose to enroll in a Nurture Path level instead. Dancers may choose to do this for scheduling or teacher preferences, or a desire to enroll with a specific friend or sibling in the same class.
Bluebonnets wear a light blue leotard (girls). Please avoid royal or navy as those colors are used in other levels.
Boys in co-ed classes can wear a close-fitting t-shirt in the level color or in black or white.
All levels wear:
- level-specific color leotard
- pink ballet tights in primary technique and pointe/pointe foundations classes
- pink ballet shoes
- hair fully secured for class - ballet bun or French twist, neat and smooth
- optional: a single-layer dance skirt or close-fitting pair of shorts
See dress code for more information on this policy and to view all levels.
In the spring semester, dancers will learn one recital dance per class. If you choose two classes in the recommended schedule pairings, the two dances will be performed in the same recital. If you choose to create a different class schedule than those listed, your dancer will more than likely perform each dance in a separate recital performance. One Saturday dress rehearsal (usually 1-2 weeks before recitals, depending on how Easter falls) is the only commitment outside of consistent class attendance that is required for the recital.
Recital costume fees are now factored into tuition rates. There will be no additional costume fee in the 2023-24 Season.
To maintain level placement in this Cultivate Path level, eligibility for eventual pointe placement, and story ballet casting opportunities, dancers must:
- Adhere to dress code every class (dancers not in dress code with hair properly secured will not be allowed to take cultivate-level classes).
- Demonstrate an "advanced dancer" mindset, defined as an eagerness to refine the finer details of technique.
- Enroll in two ballet technique classes. Maintain consistent attendance.
- Pass the Vocabulary I Test
- Complete Exercises assigned as homework according to stated deadlines.
- Receive a positive evaluation of conduct & work ethic.
- eligible for merit-based level advancement consideration (as opposed to age-based)
- considered first for children's roles in story ballets, depending on roles available
- on track for future opportunities available only to cultivate path dancers